|Pros of a Virtual Party||Cons of a Virtual Party|
|Allows for you to have a party, where otherwise you couldn't||It isn't as good as in person|
|There is no need to clean the house before or after||You can experience failures|
|You get to choose when the guests leave||No one on one conversations|
|You can stay at home||Less memorable |
|It is easier to coordinate schedules||Harder to be 100% present |
Due to Covid, many of us have already participated in a Zoom, Facetime, or Facebook virtual party. You may still find this a common practice due to sickness, remote work, and long-distant family and friends. I have been a participant and host to online parties and compiled my list from my experience. Please feel free to add to my list in the comment section.
Pros of a Virtual Party
- You can have a party, where otherwise it would be impossible. Online parties give you the freedom you wouldn't have. Recently my dad had a liver transplant and needs to isolate himself from his grandkids. Lucky for us, we can hold virtual parties and get-togethers.
- There is no need to clean the house before or after. I hate cleaning for a party because I know in a couple of hours my house will be a mess again.
- You get to choose when guests leave. Do you have family and or friends that are best in small doses? Well, guess what? You have the power to decide how much time you spend with them.
- You can stay at home. There is no need to drive anywhere! It could be a blizzard outside, and your party will still go on!
- It is easier to coordinate schedules. When people don't need to calculate travel time, your chances of them showing up is higher.
Cons of a Virtual Party
- It isn't as good as in person. Unless you attend solely out of obligation, in person is just better.
- You may experience some epic failures. Do you want to play games virtually? I have been to parties with successful games and others where the games flopped. Also, you can have awkward parties several people are trying to hold individual conversations. Believe me it is awful!
- There aren't one on one conversations. I am more of an introvert and love conversations are in small groups; virtual parties don't allow this.
- Virtual parties are harder to create a memorable experience. Virtual parties have many limitations. The party will have no food, ping pong, board games, and much more.
- Some guests will not be 100% there. It is harder to be present virtually. Have you ever done housework during a virtual party? Or had your toddler run off with your phone?
"Our goal is to help the world make decisions with a list of Pros and Cons. We invite all to add to our lists to help others make the most educated decision possible. We are all in this world together to help each other and learn from what others have learned from their lives journey." - Pros and Cons Team
Written by: Kristen