|Pros of a Stackable Washer and Dryer||Cons of a Stackable Washer and Dryer|
|Save a lot of space||They are smaller|
|Easier to move clothes from the washer to the dryer||It one breaks the other is useless |
|They match||You don't have surface space|
|It is easier to see what is in the dryer||You have to lift one on top of the other|
Kevin and I are cheap when it comes to appliances. We will usually buy washers and dryers off of classifieds for $50 to $100. It has worked out great because we have moved multiple times and can resell and buy another set for the same price. Through our buying and selling, we have had a stackable and none a stackable washer and dryer. What are the pros and cons of a stackable washer and dryer?
Pros of a Stackable Washer and Dryer
- A stackable washer and dryer save space. Do you live in tiny living quarters with very little storage space? Stackable washers and dryers use up space super effectively, so you have more floors for storing things.
- A stackable washer and dryer are easier to move clothes from the washer to the dryer. Open both doors and start tossing. The job gets done super fast.
- They match. If you hate having two different models of washer and dryer that look funky, together a stackable might be for you. Twins that literally stick together!
- It is easier to see what is in the dryer. It is all eye level! I love not having to search around for my favorite shirt while bending down and losing all of the blood to my head.
Cons of a Stackable Washer and Dryer
- Stackable washers and dryers are smaller. If you have a big family with lots of dirty laundry a stackable washer and dryer might not be for you. How many loads of laundry do you want to do every week?
- If one breaks, both the washer and dryer are in trouble. Our washer in our set is starting to have some problems. It is unfortunate because if the washer breaks then, the dryer is pretty much pointless! Double trouble when they come together.
- You don't have as much surface space. Do you keep your laundry soap on top of your dryer? Not anymore!
- You have to lift one on top of the other. It can be super heavy!
- You are more likely to be smashed. Not a big possibility, but when the washer is off-balance slightly, the whole structure shakes. Man down!
"Our goal is to help the world make decisions with a list of Pros and Cons. We invite all to add to our lists to help others make the most educated decision possible. We are all in this world together to help each other and learn from what others have learned from their lives journey." - Pros and Cons Team
Written by: Sarah