|Pros of Bunk Beds||Cons of Bunk Beds|
|A bunk bed saves a lot of space||Falling out of bed is more dangerous|
|Kids love the bunk beds||It is hard not to hit your head on the bottom bunk|
|Kids use their imagination a lot||It is harder to change sheets|
|You can be really creative while choosing a bunk bed||Kids may fight for the top|
|Kids feel more connect to one another||Harder to move|
We have wanted to teach our kids to share. Now they are in the same room. We have been trying to decide if we should keep the bunk bed I made or put them into two twin beds.
Pros of Bunk Beds
- A bunk bed saves a lot of space! When we moved the bunk bed into our kid's room. We got a ton of comments from friends and family about how spacious the room felt.
- Kids love the bunk beds! Our kids have so much fun sleeping in the bunk bed. They love chattering to each other, and it didn't feel like this happened until the bunk bed.
- With a bunk bed, the kids use their imagination a lot. A boat, space ship, castle, they can pretend to be anywhere. There have been many playdates. That our kids and their friends play on the bunk bed for an hour or more.
- You can be really creative while choosing a bunk bed. Use your imagination with your child's bunk bed. We turned ours into a barn with cute working barn doors to match their room. Literally, their bed can be a playground. There is no limit.
- Kids feel more connected to one another. Growing up, I loved being in bed and talking to my siblings or roommates. The best conversations happened right before going to bed.
Cons of Bunk Beds
- The chance of falling out of bed is a lot greater. I have had nightmares of our kids getting hurt because they fall out and land on their heads. I know the only time I have fallen out of bed was on the top bunk, and it was a terrifying experience. This is definitely something to keep in mind!
- On the bottom bunk, it is hard not to hit your head. Growing up in a large family, bunk beds were a must. If I ask my little brother how the bottom bunk was growing up, he will still complain about hitting his head. I think the pain of it will forever be burned into my brain!
- It is hard to change the sheets. Have you ever lifted a bathtub that is stuck to the floor and full of water so that you can change its pipes? If you have, then you know what it feels like to change sheets on a bunk bed. Impossible! haha
- Bunk beds can fall! I always fear the top bunk falling on top of me. That would literally kill you, so as long as there are no earthquakes, fat people, or manufacture callbacks, you might be okay.
- Kids fight who gets the top bunk. You may be asking why the top bunk? This could be a whole Pros and Cons list by itself from being less likely to being smashed to not bonking your head in the morning (like the lower bunk). There are countless pros to the top bunk! One is the feeling of being king of the hill all of the time.
- Harder to move. One problem that we recently discovered is; that it is hard to move the bunk bed around a room and out of the house. The time it takes to deconstruct is mind-blowing. So you might want to rethink the bunk bed thing if you are moving every 6 months.
"Our goal is to help the world make decisions with a list of Pros and Cons. We invite all to add to our lists to help others make the most educated decision possible. We are all in this world together to help each other and learn from what others have learned from their lives journey." - Pros and Cons Team
Written By: Sarah
Bunk beds and deaths: