|Pros of a Aero Garden||Cons of an Aero Garden|
|Provides fresh food at any given moment||Hard to leave for more then a few days|
|Herbs smell so good||Some plants grow faster than others|
|A bright, happy light all day long||The grow light will be on for about 15 hours a day|
|Super easy gardening ||Some plants outgrow their surroundings|
|Plants are contained||Some plants are messy|
I was so excited when I opened a Christmas gift from my mother-in-law and found my little Aero Garden. I love gardening and plants! It has been rewarding to watch seedlings turn into beautiful plants! For the past year, I have enjoyed using my Aero Garden. Here are some of the pros and cons of using an Aero Garden.
Pros of an Aero Garden
- Aero Grow provides fresh food at any given moment. I love that I can walk over to my little garden to pick some tomatoes or lettuce right in my front room. Nothing is better than fresh food!
- The herbs smell so good! Our little garden is on top of our piano. If I walk over there or am playing the piano, I can smell some fresh basil and dill. Yum, it makes me hungry!
- A bright, happy light all day! I don't know about you, but I love light! The more natural light I have in a room, the more comfortable it is. The Aero Light gives off a very natural light feel which is a great perk.
- It brings a clean and beautiful feeling to our home. The thought of having live plants that are producing clean air is refreshing. Breath in and breath out fresh air!
- Super easy gardening! Do you kill everything? Do you have a "black thumb"? With growing lights, it is near impossible to not reach perfection.
- Plants are contained. Have you ever knocked over a pot or a cup you have inside? I have! The aero garden makes this scenario way less likely to happen.
Cons of an Aero Garden
- Hard to leave for more than a few days. As your plants become really large, they drink a lot of water. Our "add more water light" is on almost every other day. It is crucial to be on top of that, or they will die.
- Some plants grow faster than others. If you really want a plant that grows slower than the rest, it will take a long time to reach maturity because the giant plants take away light.
- The grow light will be on for about 15 hours a day. This is fine except when it is set to come on really early in the morning. If you are a light sleeper, good luck!
- Some plants outgrow their surroundings. Right now my, tomatoes, dill, and basil are growing up to the light. This would be okay, but it burns the top of the plant.
- Some of the plants are messy! I swear I cleaned yesterday, but there are plant pieces everywhere!
7 Day Experiment:
I recently decided to test our Aero garden and see how it did against a seed planted in a pot. Here are the results.
"Our goal is to help the world make decisions with a list of Pros and Cons. We invite all to add to our lists to help others make the most educated decision possible. We are all in this world together to help each other and learn from what others have learned from their lives journey." - Pros and Cons Team
Written By: Sarah