|Pros of a Shark S1000 Steam Mop
|Cons of a Shark S1000 Steam Mop
|No chemicals needed.
|The steamer comes with 1 rag.
|A lot easier and faster.
|Doesn't work as well along walls.
|It doesn't take much space.
|Doesn't clean grout very well.
|It heats up fast.
|Steam can burn.
I have always hated mops and all things related. I felt like the best way to mop a floor was by scrubbing it on your hands and knees. However, my husband wasn't convinced and tried to sway me into something to scrub the floors. I remembered my sister had a steam mop, so I reached out for her input. Then using her opinion, I reluctantly spent $50 on a Shark S1000 Steam Mop. Here is my list of pros and cons.
Pros of a Shark S1000 Steam Mop
- It is so much easier to clean my floors. I used to scrub my kitchen every few weeks. Now I use the steamer three times a week. It is even more convenient for expecting mothers.
- I don't need to use chemicals. I love having my floor cleaned by steam rather than chemicals. This perk is especially nice when you have a toddler who loves exploration.
- There is no need to buy cleaners or disposable mop pads. There is so much less waste. There is so much less money spent in the long run.
- It is so fast. Compared to scrubbing a floor by hand, this takes significantly less time.
- The steamer is effective on hardened food. My little girl is great at knocking food on the floor. When I scrubbed the floor by hand, I spent lots of time working away at plastered food. The steamer works like a dream.
- It doesn't take up much space. The steamer stores nicely in almost any location.
- It heats up fast! Within 30 seconds, my steamer is ready to clean my floors!!!!!
Cons of a Shark S1000 Steam Mop
- The steamer comes with one rag. One washable rag! Are you kidding me??? I have had to order other rags because one isn't enough.
- It doesn't work as well along walls. I don't know any tool that mops that works as well as a rag along walls.
- It doesn't clean grout very well. Do you have grout that isn't level with your tile? If so, you may have to scrub that on your hands and knees.
- Steam is hot! Yes, you and your kids can get burned. However, it shouldn't happen if you are aware and cautious.
"Our goal is to help the world make decisions with a list of Pros and Cons. We invite all to add to our lists to help others make the most educated decision possible. We are all in this world together to help each other and learn from what others have learned from their lives journey." - Pros and Cons Team Written by: Kristen