|Pros of Working for Door Dash||Cons of Working for Door Dash|
|You can make good money||You smell the food the whole time|
|The kids can come along with you||You pay for gas and car repairs |
|You don't have a set schedule||Sometimes it isn't worth the effort|
|You can find the most popular places that people eat||If it isn't busy you can wait a long time for an order|
|Customers can tip you well||People may get angry with you about their food|
|You are your boss||A door dash can take you far from the hot spot|
|You can get of your house more||It isn't consistent pay|
|You get to know the city will||You can wait 30 min. before getting the food|
Kevin is going to Medical school, we will not be able to make money, so our student loans will be out of this world! I am a stay-at-home mom. If I were to work, daycare would take most of my paycheck, so there is no point.
Yesterday as Kevin was getting ready for the day, he asked me if I would ever consider working for Door Dash. I was not sure. I decided to give it a go and now write a list of Pros and Cons after trying it out for a while. :)
Pros of Working for Door Dash
- You can make good money. Some people can make $20 or $30 an hour. The better you get the, more you will make!
- The kids can come along with you. Our kids have tagged along with my husband and me. It can be tricky with kids (if you are by yourself) because you have to get them in and out of the car so many times, but it is doable.
- You don't have a set schedule. You choose when and if you work. You can schedule ahead of time, but there is no pressure to do so.
- You can find the most popular places that people eat. For us, one of the most popular places people order from is Burger King and Red Robin. People must love their food!
- Customers can tip you well. Some people are super generous and give you a tip online and then cash on top of that. Other people give you little or nothing. It all evens out.
- You are your boss. You can listen to your music, wear whatever you want, and be you. You are in charge!
- You can get out of your house more. Are you feeling trapped in your house? I get a little stir crazy! So door dash is a perfect thing for me to get out. And I feel like I am getting things done.
- You get to know the city well. We only moved to this city about two weeks ago, and already my husband knows how to get to dozens of places. You become a human GPS. You know how to get around town in the shortest amount of time.
Cons of Working for Door Dash
- You smell food the whole time. You might think that is a good thing, but it is not! If you are hungry, it makes you want to buy something. Then there is the problem that more than half of the food smells terrible! It might be because I am pregnant, but even my husband said that some places just smell bad. Good luck to those that are eating that food! I hope it tastes better than it smells.
- You have to pay for gas and car repairs. A lot of people complain about this one! So to help out, you can keep track of your miles on a mile tracking app. Then write the miles off on your taxes. The con is that some dashes take you a long time because of traffic lights. There is not a lot you can do about that.
- Sometimes it is not worth the time and effort. The other day Kevin picked up an order from Walmart. The order then turned into four orders for $10 altogether. It would have been fine, but it took him over an hour to complete. That was not worth the gas or time!
- If Door Dash is not busy, you have to sit and wait for an order. In our last city, it took a long time to wait for orders. It depends on where you live. Then if it is hot/cold outside you, may have to leave your car running. It is money down the drain.
- People can be angry with you because their food isn't how they want it to be. We haven't had this problem, but I know it happens. It can be infuriating when you get blamed for bad food when you didn't make it.
- A dash can take you a long way out of a hot spot. We have a small town that takes us 15 minutes out of a hot spot. That is frustrating when you just wasted 30 minutes delivering one thing.
- It isn't consistent pay. This is a tricky one because sometimes you can make $30 an hour. Then the next hour you, earn $10. I have heard that the better you become at it, the more you make.
- You can wait in a restaurant for 30 minutes before getting your order. I have had wait times of up to 45 minutes for a $5 order. I wanted to cry by the end!
"Our goal is to help the world make decisions with a list of Pros and Cons. We invite all to add to our lists to help others make the most educated decision possible. We are all in this world together to help each other and learn from what others have learned from their lives journey." - Pros and Cons Team
Written By: Sarah