|Pros of Working||Cons of Working|
|You feel accomplished||You have to get up in the morning|
|You don't need to rely on the government ||You have to commit all of the time|
|You learn a lot ||You get taxed|
|You teach children it is important to do hard things||You don't get unemployment benefits |
|By helping yourself you can help others||You miss out of Netflix shows|
|You can make a lot more then the government can give you||Less time to make dinner and clean the house|
|You don't have to feel out paperwork to get money from the government||You have to pay for your things|
This is a hot subject right now, and I have heard so many conversations on this topic. What are the Pros and Cons of getting a job and working?
Pros of Working
- You will feel accomplished. I think one of the best feelings you will ever have is coming home from a hard day at work and think, "I made it!".
- You aren't just relying on the government when you work. Worried about late checks? Are you hoping that your paperwork gets approve? All your worries will disappear because work is here. Haha
- You learn a lot from going to work. You may learn a new skill. You WILL enhance skills you already have. You may learn about how to work with others. You may end up learning more about yourself.
- Without anyone willing to work, the government can't send out checks to those that need real help. Are you starving a child because you are too okay with not working?
- By working, you are teaching your children that it is important to do hard things. One of my favorite things to tell Adalee is, "You can do hard things!". If you can do hard things like going to work. You can then function when life throws you a curveball.
- By helping yourself, you can help others. Some people are really in need. If you can't provide for yourself, it is hard to help someone else.
- You can make a lot more than what the government can give you. As you go to school and refine your skills, you can fly past the measly checks that you get from the government.
- You don't have to fill out tons of paperwork for government programs if you work. I hate paperwork! I don't know about you, but I would totally choose work over mounds of paper.
Cons of Working
- You have to get up in the morning. BEEP, BEEP, BEEP! Oh, I hate alarm clocks!
- You have a commitment all of the time. You are almost married to your job. There is very little freedom, and someone is always telling you how to live your life.
- You get taxed. Darn, a ton of your paycheck gets taken out! It just doesn't seem fair.
- You don't get to get unemployment benefits. If you work, then you don't get paid for staying home.
- You miss out on a lot of Netflix shows. Can you imagine the number of shows you could watch if you didn't work?
- You have less time to make dinner and clean the house. While working with moms, Kevin would come home and tell me that his coworkers would eat out almost every night. Who has time to make dinner?
- You have to pay for your things. How dare you tell me I have to pay for what I want? It isn't fair when someone tells me I need to get a job. They don't know what I am going through.
"Our goal is to help the world make decisions with a list of Pros and Cons. We invite all to add to our lists to help others make the most educated decision possible. We are all in this world together to help each other and learn from what others have learned from their lives journey." - Pros and Cons Team
Written By: Sarah