|Pros of Getting and Keeping Your Life Organized||Cons of Getting and Keeping Your Life Organized|
|Your life will be more productive||Takes motivation|
|Having company is less stressful||It is a lot of time upfront|
|Creates more time to do what you want||Can become an obsession |
I spent the month of December decluttering and cleaning my apartment that was beginning to feel unlivable. This cleaning episode kick-started me into a more organized life. I use my planner more, budget better, do meal plans, and run errands more efficiently. Doesn't this sound like a dream?
Pros of Getting and Keeping Your Life Organized
- An organized life is far more productive. My typical day was chaos before December. I was lucky to get showered by noon. I was overwhelmed, cleaning nonstop, feeling guilty( as important things were neglected), and was exhausted. As my life became tidier, I became more productive. Now, I exercise, get ready for the day, spend time with my daughter, get more work done, and feel less overwhelmed.
- I feel comfortable having people over. Since being cleaner, I am better at asking people to come over. My focus is on those I am hosting rather than the messy ambient.
- I have more time to do what I want. The to-do list was so massive that there was little to no time for the want-to-do list. Finally, my want-to-do list is being accomplished.
Cons of Getting and Keeping Your Life Organized
- Staying organized takes a lot of motivation. To live an organized life, one has to be on top of things. I have chores I have to do each day to keep my life in order. Believe me, there are days that I have no desire to vacuum, dust, mop, or take out the trash.
- Getting your life organized takes a lot of time upfront. Becoming organized took me a whole month, and I only have a two-bedroom apartment. It felt like I was chipping away at an impossibility.
- Organization can become an obsession. Do you know people that limit time with grandkids due to the mess children create? I do! Do you know people who clean what is already clean just so they can clean? I do! Living an organized life should help you use your time wisely, not use all of your time.
"Our goal is to help the world make decisions with a list of Pros and Cons. We invite all to add to our lists to help others make the most educated decision possible. We are all in this world together to help each other and learn from what others have learned from their lives journey." - Pros and Cons Team
Written By: Kristen