|Pros of Buying Pies||Cons of Buying Pies|
|It is less stressful||It is more expensive|
|It will taste how is should||It isn't an accomplishment|
|It is nice option for someone who can't bake||You need to beat the crouds|
My love for pies started from a young age when my sister and I decided to make eleven pies in a day. We stopped when we had filled every pie tin in my parent's house. We had leftovers for days; it was delicious! Later I worked for a Restaurant that sold pies during the Thanksgiving season. One of these pies was served at our family feast that year.
Pros of Buying Pies
- It is less stressful. We all know that Thanksgiving is stressful; there is turkey to cook, potatoes to mash, tables to set, topics of conversation to avoid, and much more. Pies are just one more thing to stress over, and they are so temperamental. Buying the pies relieves some stress.
- The pie tastes how the pie should. Have you ever had a tough pie crust? I have! Have you ever had a soggy pie crust? I have! Have you ever had an undercooked pumpkin pie? You guessed it, I sure have. Pies of this nature don't come out of bakeries.
- Even someone who can't bake can pick up pies. We all have that family member who doesn't bake or shouldn't bake. No worries, they can still contribute by picking up a handful of pies.
Cons of Buying Pies
- Buying pies is more expensive. The dollar signs can quickly go up when purchasing pies. Not only will you pay more, but you will also receive less.
- It isn't an accomplishment. I will never forget the look on my brother-in-law's face when he produced his homemade Lemon Meringue pie. It was perfection, and he was rightly proud of it. Sadly, when we buy a handful of pies, it isn't that great of an accomplishment.
- You have to beat the crowds. The day before Thanksgiving was pandemonium in the bakery. Not everyone walked away with the pies they wanted. Making homemade pies is a great way to avoid the rush!
"Our goal is to help the world make decisions with a list of Pros and Cons. We invite all to add to our lists to help others make the most educated decision possible. We are all in this world together to help each other and learn from what others have learned from their lives journey." - Pros and Cons Team
Written By: Kristen