|Pros of Using Pinterest||Cons of Using Pinterest|
|Saves time||You can't take full credit for the final outcome|
|Helps spread your ideas||Pins can become inappropriate |
|So many ideas presented in an organized fashion ||Something that looked so cute can turn into a Pinterest fail|
|Easy to use||It has the tendency to waste time|
Pinterest first became a big thing when I was a teenager. My cousins would sit in front of their laptops, scrolling through the hundreds of ideas that the pins would provide. I loved creating new crafts, recipes, and parties by myself. I though it was dumb to have a website that would create the ideas for you, and then life got crazy.
Pros of Using Pinterest: What are the benefits of using Pinterest?
- It saves you time! I don't know how many times Pinterest has saved my life! Wait, I think every day when I am planning dinner!
- You don't need to take time to brainstorm. Do you need to design the center piece for that upcoming wedding? Pinterest has your back my friend. Do you need to use up a random bag of red Quinoa? Pinterest has got you covered. The time of brainstorming for hours has past.
- Pinterest is an easy way to make your life exciting. I love looking up new hairstyles or ideas for my kids! It turns every day into an adventure.
- By using Pinterest, you are helping entrepreneurs around the world. Those that are creating things to sell can make money with your help. All you need to do is click.
- Pinterest can be a good tool to help you spread your ideas. Do you want to drive more traffic to your blog or online store? Why not post a picture with a new idea on Pinterest?
- It is as if a "million brains" came together to create the perfect idea. The best brainstorming team #theworld!
- Pinterest is easy for even children to use. Often I will show Adalee the ideas I have saved and ask her what her thoughts are. It is fun to see her get excited about pins I have saved.
- Pinterest had laid out thousands of ideas in an organized fashion. Pinterest is organized for your convenience.
Cons of Using Pinterest: What are the downsides of having Pinterest?
- If you use Pinterest, you can't take full credit for an idea that turns out. Maybe it is because I take pride in everything I do, but I hate admitting that something I do was an idea off Pinterest.
- If you aren't careful pins on Pinterest can be inappropriate. I don't want to see the random women in their underwear. These ads are frustrating, luckily you can block them so you don't have to keep seeing these.
- Often something cute can become a Pinterest fail! It wasn't supposed to look like that!!
- Pinterest can be one more thing that wastes time. Do you use the pins you save? If not it, is just one more social media platform that does nothing for you!
"Our goal is to help the world make decisions with a list of Pros and Cons. We invite all to add to our lists to help others make the most educated decision possible. We are all in this world together to help each other and learn from what others have learned from their lives journey." - Pros and Cons Team
Written by: Sarah