|Pros of Having the COVID Vaccine before Having COVID||Cons of Having the COVID Vaccine before Having COVID|
|COVID could have been a lot worse||Shots hurt|
|Your risk of dying is small||Some people don't react well to the vaccine|
|Help protects your unborn baby while pregnant||The shots haven't been around very long|
|I am helping further research||It could all be a conspiracy|
You may be asking, "What are the Pros and Cons of getting vaccinated before getting Covid-19" I am not an expert! But after having both the vaccine and COVID, I thought I would like to share some of my Pros and Cons.
Pros of Having the COVID Vaccine before Having COVID
- It could have been a lot worse. For the past two weeks, I have had a cough, diarrhea, loss of taste and smell, and more; COVID has not been a fun virus to experience! I have felt terrible! My husband told me today he was worried I would have ended up in the hospital had I not had the vaccine.
- The likely hood of you dying after being vaccinated is very small! As I lay on the couch feeling as if I couldn't go on, I had least had the comfort of knowing I didn't have a high chance of dying because of being vaccinated.
- While being pregnant, my baby is protected. It was a comfort to know that because I am safer. My baby has a little more protection.
- I am helping further research. Because I have been vaccinated and have had COVID, I can help science.
- Peace of mind. It is like putting on a seat belt while driving. You are not guaranteed not to get into an accident, but you are more protected.
Cons of Having the COVID Vaccine before Having COVID
- Shots hurt! No matter how many times a nurse tells me to relax, I still tighten all of my mussels. Ouch!
- Some people don't react well to the shot! I don't think most people experience anything like hospitalization, but most people don't feel well for 24-48 hours.
- Maybe the government is tracking my blood pressure and heart rate... Haha, I don't know what to say except for, I guess they care that much about me.
- The shot hasn't been around for a long time. It can be scary and a big step of faith for a lot of people. All of the vaccines before us had to be tested on one generation or another.
"Our goal is to help the world make decisions with a list of Pros and Cons. We invite all to add to our lists to help others make the most educated decision possible. We are all in this world together to help each other and learn from what others have learned from their lives journey." - Pros and Cons Team
Written By: Sarah