|Pros of Dieting||Cons of Dieting|
|Allows you to make healthier eating choices||Not able to eat as many comfort foods|
|Shows sense of self-control||Less eating out|
|Feel accomplished||It can be discouraging|
|Lowers risks of health concerns||It takes extra time and effort|
|Save money||It is a long time commitment|
|Helps you utilize different food in your cooking||There is a social stigma that comes with dieting|
What are the Pros and Cons of dieting?
So many fads come and go! Starve yourself, only eat Kale, no carbs, only protein, take this pill, take a few more vitamins, drink this smoothie, and on. Do any of them work? Is it worth trying them out? Here are some pros and cons that I came up with for a healthy eating diet
Pros of Dieting
- Make healthier eating choices. Overall the better you eat the, better you will feel. Hamburgers and ice cream might make you feel great for 10 minutes. But eating healthy will make you feel good over a lifetime.
- Dieting shows a sense of self-control and discipline. If you can conquer your physical appetites for junk food, you have that much more self-control to accomplish other goals.
- Feel accomplished. Have you ever decided that for a whole week, you would eat better? It feels so good at the end! You have accomplished something that not a lot of people have.
- Can lower the risk of Diabetes and other health concerns. The healthier you eat, the healthier you are. All of us have heard the saying, "You are what you eat." It doesn't mean only eat salads and drink protein shakes! It means you need to have a balanced diet.
- Dieting will help you save money. Have you looked at the cost of Oreo's lately? I can make dinner for my whole family for the price of one package of Oreos. So long story short, people would save a ton of money if they started buying better food.
- Learn to utilize different foods in your cooking. Have you ever used golden kiwi in a Fruit salad or turning purple carrots into French fries? There are worlds of fun recipes that are delicious and fast! Try buying something new next time you shop. It is a lot of fun!
Cons of Dieting
- Not able to eat as many comfort foods. No junk food?!? No chocolate?!? That is hard! Especially when you start eating better, and all you want is some French Fries and Fry sauce. The pain is real!
- Less eating out. Some people live to eat out. A lot of social gatherings and events take place at fatty yummy food joints.
- It can be discouraging. Have you ever set a goal to become healthy, and then one hard day hits? I feel like it is a never-ending project to become healthier!
- It takes extra time and effort. Meal planning is a big way to keep yourself on track. I hate to tell you, but that takes time! Shopping for good products is hard to order. Once again, shopping to pick out good ingredients takes time. Then you get to the part where you have to make the food. Dieting takes a lot of time!
- There is a social stigma that comes with dieting. There are a lot of negative stigmas about dieting. Are you going to look like a Barbie or feel better about yourself? Are you starving yourself or maintaining a healthy diet? So many things people tell you, but what is true?
- It takes a long time commitment. There are so many diets that tell you to take a pill or drink a shake. Then guarantees you to lose 40lbs in 14 days. That sounds nice, but that is not maintainable. What needs to change is you! You need to be committed to a lifetime of healthy eating!
"Our goal is to help the world make decisions with a list of Pros and Cons. We invite all to add to our lists to help others make the most educated decision possible. We are all in this world together to help each other and learn from what others have learned from their lives journey." - Pros and Cons Team
Written By: Sarah