I had a play date today with one of the moms that live near us. She commented that grocery shopping is easy because her kids would only eat very few things such as chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese. Her comment must’ve made me feel like making macaroni and cheese for dinner as well, so I did.
As I considered her parent tactic of just feeding her children the same things over and over again. I decided to write the pros and cons of just feeding your kids macaroni and cheese.
|Pros of Just Eating Mac and Cheese||Cons of Just Eating Mac and Cheese|
|Easy to shop for||If you run out your kids will be mad!|
|Easy to Make||Some Brands don't taste very good.|
|Kids love it||Mac and Cheese breath is terrible|
Pros of Just Eating Mac and Cheese
- Macaroni and cheese is yummy! Especially when getting the name, brand, or one of the more expensive boxed mac & cheese. The flavor is outstanding and temps anyone to eat more.
- Macaroni and cheese is fairly cheap! I can feed myself and my three kids on a box of macaroni and cheese. That might cost $.50 to $1 dollars at the most. You can’t go wrong with a cheap meal.
- Macaroni and cheese have lots of additives to help it be a little more healthy. Lots of vitamins and nutrients are usually added to processed foods. It is important to check what kinds of vitamins and minerals are added. But you know at least there are some.
- Macaroni and cheese is super quick, and that is hard to beat! From the time my little boy said he was hungry until the time we ate dinner was at max 15 minutes. That is less time than going to McDonald’s and ordering a burger.
- Homemade mac & cheese is also a good option as far as mac & cheese goes! It was one of the first recipes I learned how to make. It is easy and requires few ingredients. With a boxed or homemade macaroni and cheese, you’re almost guaranteed very little prep time.
- If you don’t like the American cheddar cheese or the taste of mac & cheese, there are a lot of different options. Tonight we made pepper, jack, macaroni, and cheese. There is mozzarella cheese, Chito, and so many more.
Cons of Just Eating Mac and Cheese
- Without variety, mac & cheese becomes very unhealthy. Any person that only eats one type of food their whole life cannot end up in good places. My dad, one time told me it is better to spend money on nicer healthier food, than eating cheap food. You can choose to pay for good food or hospital bills.
- The cheaper brands of mac & cheese don’t taste as good as the expensive kind. This is my opinion but the cheaper brands don’t feel like there is enough flavoring in the packets.
- Let’s be honest Mac and Cheese can be boring! Are you planning on having guests over? Because if that is all you ever eat that might be hard to pass off as a dinner party food.
- If the world is ending and your kids have no more Mac and cheese you are going to have ANGRY children! That might be a little extreme, but it is the truth. Kids need to learn how to eat more than one thing or they will be in trouble. ￼
- If your kids don't brush there teeth right after eating mac and cheese you will know! Bad Breath!!!
"Our goal is to help the world make decisions with a list of Pros and Cons. We invite all to add to our lists to help others make the most educated decision possible. We are all in this world together to help each other and learn from what others have learned from their lives journey."
- Pros and Cons Team
Written By: Sarah