|Pros of Eating Leftovers||Cons of Eating Leftovers|
|You don't have to make dinner||The food may spoil |
|You save a lot of time||Some food doesn't taste as good the next day |
|Leftovers are great for breakfasts, lunches, and snacks||It can be hard eating the same food over and over again|
|Less waste||You may not have enough left over for another meal|
|It saves you money||You may not like the food to begin with |
After hosting a dinner, I sat in my living room chatting. I don't remember how the confession came, but the confession blew me away. " I don't like leftovers. My husband is the only one that eats them." I had grown up in a household that lived off leftovers. My mom doubled recipes on purpose so we would have extra. As I thought about what she said, I realized that she isn't the only one that hates leftovers. This has led me to compile a list of the pros and cons of leftovers.
Pros of Eating Leftovers
- You don't have to make dinner. Recently I will make two or three dinners/ week. I love having days where I don't need to make anything!
- You save a lot of time. Now you don't have to make dinner, for a few nights a week!
- Leftovers make for a great breakfast, lunch, and snack. Leftovers are perfect!
- You don't need to plan dinner. I hate trying to figure out what to make. Leftovers delays that unfavorable task.
- Eating leftover=less waste. If you don't eat leftovers, what do you do to them? Do you throw them away?
- It saves you money. Leftovers can cut back on how much food you need to buy. Also, it can prevent you from eating out. Sometimes it is tempting to eat out rather than make dinner. Leftovers are the perfect solution to this problem.
Cons of Eating Leftovers
- The food may spoil. No one likes cleaning out the fridge to find moldy chicken from 3 weeks back! But it is even worse to get food poisoning from consuming food that has gone bad.
- Some food doesn't taste as good the next day. That soggy leftover pizza leaves much to be desired.
- You can get tired of eating the same food over and over again. Have you ever had a meal for a week in a row? I have! I never wanted to see that dish again!
- You may not have enough left over for another meal. You may find yourself with a quarter slice of pizza, an eighth a cup of corn, and half a cup of a smoothie.
- It may be gross from the start. My mom loved her Chow Mein recipe, but none of us kids could stand it. , To say it was disgusting is an understatement. It was a bad day when I knew I had to face another leftover day of soggy, salty, slimy, Chow Mein.
"Our goal is to help the world make decisions with a list of Pros and Cons. We invite all to add to our lists to help others make the most educated decision possible. We are all in this world together to help each other and learn from what others have learned from their lives journey." - Pros and Cons Team