I grew up as a Christian and a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am proud to be a Christian and have realized that it has made my life very happy. I have often considered the pros and cons of being a Christian. Here are a few of them.
|Pros of Being Christian||Cons of Being Christian|
|Learn how to be a good neighbor||Takes Time|
|Believe in rules||Can die for your beliefs|
|Same standards||Commit to a certain life style|
|You have a close group of friends with the same beliefs||Bad things still happen to good people|
|Feeling good about yourself||You might feel you are excluding others|
Pros of Being Christian
- You learn how to be a good neighbor and friend. Ultimately being a good neighbor makes a good society. You can’t expect good things to come out of something terrible. There needs to be effort involved.
- Believing in laws and rules. Once again, as we all follow rules that help us, we are, intern, making a better society.
- Everyone is searching for happiness. Through Christ, it is possible! You are endowed with peace and happiness.
- Feelings of fellowship with others. In other words, you are a part of a team and a group for a more significant cause.
- Going out of your way to do good for others, you have a good moral grounding that influences your actions, affecting feelings of self-worth.
Cons of Being Christian
- You commit to putting forth effort. Who wants to put more work into something that feels pointless sometimes?
- Guilt is a real thing!! You feel like you need to do the right thing. If you don’t have any standards, you don’t need to worry about whether you’re keeping them or not. There’s no guilt when there are no rules.
- You can lose your life. Looking back throughout history, many Christians lost their lives because they believed in Christ. Are you willing to die for what you believe in?
- You were held accountable for your actions. If you don’t believe in Christ and steal something from a store, no one points that out. As soon as you become a Christian, everyone blames Christ for your actions. You are held to a higher law.
- Feelings of exclusion. Many people complain that if you are part of a group, you exclude everyone else. So are Christians exclusive?
- Your relationship with Jesus Christ can diminish as bad things happen to good people. You have him to blame because you believe in him. I am not saying this is right, but many people do this when they have stumbling blocks and unfortunate events.
"Our goal is to help the world make decisions with a list of Pros and Cons. We invite all to add to our lists to help others make the most educated decision possible. We are all in this world together to help each other and learn from what others have learned from their lives journey."
- Pros and Cons Team
Write by: Julie