|Pros of My First Castle Panic||Cons of My First Castle Panic|
|Great Family Game||One more game to own|
|Is a fast game||Maybe to Easy|
|Monsters are not scary||To many cards at once|
We recently discovered after going to the library there are a lot of fun kids' games we can check out. My little girl grabbed a game called My First Castle Panic. It looked like a lot of fun, so we brought it home to play with the family. I was not disappointed. After playing it with my kids, here are the pros and cons of My First Castle Panic.
Pros of My First Castle Panic
- It is set up differently than any other kids' game I have played. Do you know the feeling of playing Candy land one too many times? You will not get the same feel with this game. It's not just a Chutes and Ladders or Candyland type game.
- You get to play together. Have you ever played a game where you were trying to work as a team? This is the whole point of the game. Can your family save the castle from the monsters?
- It is at a reasonable level for kids. My two-year-old and four-year-old have loved it! I think they would enjoy it for the next couple of years. Even I was not bored with it after playing once. And that is saying a lot!
- It applies to both boys and girls. Do your boys like monsters? Do your girls love castles and princesses? Then either gender will relate to this game.
- You can make it harder or easier depending on the group. How many monsters do you want to fight at once? It is all up to you.
- It is easy to catch on. There are not 400 pages of rules. A simple outline of the game, and you are good to go.
- You can have quite a few players. It was not dull if all four of us played, and it was also fun if only two or three of us played. It has a good balance.
- You can see your child's cards. It is nice to have a cooperative game with children. That way, you can help them out by letting them make their decision. It is a win-win situation.
- The monsters are cute and not scary. My little boy gets worried about monsters. I was a little nervous when we started playing this game, but it didn't bother him. The cute little monsters would make him laugh more than afraid.
- It usually only takes a couple of minutes to play. Do you want to play a game with your family that does not take as long as a monopoly? This is a good game for you!
Cons of My First Castle Panic
- Even if it is a kid's game, it feels like you could draw too many cards. If you could only have one card in your hand, it would make the game tricky.
- It has made me want to buy the adult version. This isn't necessarily bad, except that I would spend the extra money to buy another game for which we don't have room.
- Too many shapes! It all depends on if you want a highly competitive game or not. There may be a few too many shapes for the higher spaces. Making it hard to find the shapes at the top of the board would be a little more competitive.
"Our goal is to help the world make decisions with a list of Pros and Cons. We invite all to add to our lists to help others make the most educated decision possible. We are all in this world together to help each other and learn from what others have learned from their lives journey."
-Pros and Cons Team
Written By: Sarah